Saturday, June 23, 2007

Shopping helps a little bit.

We've finished reviewing all the subjects on the MBE (multiple choice section) and now we're onto subjects that are only tests in the essay portions. I really do not like how the Bar examiners grade answers because we have to enumerate each and every element even if we know one element is dispositive.

Enough grumbling. Here's what I've bought so far as retail therapy, one of the few bright spots during these endless days of studying:




































Goldsign Lust jeans from shopbop.com. These are my favorite brand of jeans. Sevens and True Religions just don't fit me correctly. Super roomie was right: once you start wearing designer jeans, you can never go back. They just look so good and if you get the right fit, the jeans are still pretty comfortable.

















Hanky panky boyshorts on super sale for $11.90. I know you are asking, $12 for underwear?? But hanky panky makes the most comfortable thongs I know, so the boyshorts are probably fine and won't give me annoying wedgies. These are usually a ridiculous $40.00.



















A&F shorts on clearance. They are not super short like most of my other shorts so I can wear them later when I have to be more respectable and hide the inner hoochie-mama.

Workout update
Chest
  1. 35 lbs dbs for chest press on flat bench.
  2. 32.5 lbs for incline bench.
  3. 65 lbs on each side for decline chest on the Hammer Strength machine. I get scared doing the decline chest press with dumbbells by myself, so I use this instead.
Back
  1. 80 lbs for seated rows.
Biceps
  1. 40 lbs (the bar plus small plates) for preacher curls!
Legs
  1. Lunges with 27.5s dbs. I think I might start doing lunches with the squat bar now since it's a bit hard on the triceps to hold the dbs while I'm doing lunges.
  2. 80 lbs for stiff-legged deadlift. These always kill me the next day.

2 comments:

Pei said...

CUTE buys! I like everything.

Kaahl said...

You should try mine--the 80 pound cheeseburger lift.