Wednesday, June 13, 2007

BarBri = Law on Crack

Where have I been? Studying for the bar most of the time. I just finished doing 35 multiple questions on contracts, my all-time favorite legal subject, and it's depressing that I only got 60% right. Granted, a few of them I made the wrong choice because I was getting tired after being in class for 3 hours and starting at a computer for another 3 hours, but hey, test conditions will likely be even more stressful, so that really isn't a good excuse. BarBri gave us some stats and people who pass the California bar usually 135 of the 200 questions correct. That's about 70%. I guess 60% for the beginning of the BarBri isn't bad, and there are some new concepts that I never learned first year.

I think I do worst under test conditions compared to practice conditions though, so to make sure I pass, I should be getting 80% right. That's pretty high. Anyway, I think studying my brains out will be enough.
























I do make time for working out and if a special occasion comes up, I try to leave my hermit shelter and come out. Such as my best friend's med school graduation or meeting up a friend for jr. high who I hadn't seen in 4 years. We went to the Asian Art Museum in SF and checked out the traveling exhibit on Tezuka's manga and anime work. The exhibit is there til September 9 so you should check it out if you get a chance. He's probably most famous for Astroboy, but there are a lot of other characters and stories he's done that are more sophisticated. Really cool and shows how manga and anime are not just fantasy, fun stuff, but also a serious and creative form of telling complex stories.

Okay, I just needed a break to write. Now I'm going to review all the questions I got wrong, maybe go swimming, do 39 more multiple choice questions and read about Corporations. I have a massage appointment tomorrow though!

Funny event from yesterday: I was working out in my black sports bra, and a worker I knew at the gym said, "Quit showing off your abs." To which I said, they're not that good. And it's true since they could be better, especially lower abs which I find most people have a hard time with. Later, I'm curling 22.5s in front of a mirror, and same worker tells me there's a sign outside that says I have to wear a shirt to work out. "You have to wear a shirt," he says. Confused, because I have never been asked to put a shirt on the previous times I've worked out in minimal attire, plus I have seem other women work out in similar gear, sometimes even just sports bra and tiny shorts, I ask, "So I have to put a shirt on?" and he sheepishly nods. Geez, so I went back to the locker room, put on a shirt, and continued with my workout feeling miffed for about a minute. Serves me right I guess for being a conceited musclehead. Whatever, I curled 22.5s for 4-5 reps each and did 90lbs 5 reps for tricep cable, so I was happy.

I think maybe it was because it's finals time for the undergrads and there aren't a lot of people in the gym now, so I stuck out and was easily targeted. I guess a supervisor might have wanted to enforce the code, but man, I wasn't even sweating on anything. Just curling dumbbells and even then I'm good about wiping down equipment unlike some gross sweaty, smelly men.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am offended by the term "gross sweaty, smelly men." I don't mind the sweaty part, it's just that the other two kind of come along for the ride. :-p

By the way, thought you'd appreciate this strip from Shortpacked!:

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20070620.html