Monday, May 28, 2007




































100! My new one rep max for bench press. YAAAAHHH! I thought I would stop at 95 and was very sad that I hadn't improved that much from 90 lbs. a while ago, but I was pushed to go for 100. I huffed and puffed but I got the bar off my chest without any help.


In other news, since I was tuning in to the pageant while preparing a chicken, Ms. Japan Riyo Mori won Ms. Universe. I think that's the first Asian country besides India that's won it.



















There were a lot of notable awards in this competition given to Asian females this year. Ms. Photogenic went to Ms. Phillipines, and Ms. Congeniality went to Ms. China.


































Ms. Phillipines.
































Ms. China

Ms. Korea Honey Lee was also 3rd runner up. Ms. USA was 4th runner up. The competition had a bunch of celebrity guest judges like Dave Navarro, Michelle Kwan, and Tony Romo. Most surprising for me was seeing Michelle Kwan ask a question. What the heck has she been doing lately? Ice exhibitions? I miss seeing her compete.

Ms. Korea

4 comments:

Jesus Warrior said...

Most surprising for me was seeing Michelle Kwan ask a question. What the heck has she been doing lately? Ice exhibitions? I miss seeing her compete.

She had major hip surgery last August and had to stay off the ice for months for her recovery. Meanwhile, she is attending Denver University.

There have been reports here and there from people who have seen her working out at the gym or skating on the ice but it's unknown if she will return to competition (but I hope so).

She-Hulk said...

I actually have readers I don't know about! Thanks for the MK update Phyllis.

Pei said...

I think they were saying it's the second time recently that a Ms. Japan has won. She's definitely a more Western looking Japanese gal, not your stereotypical round pale-faced Japanese.

Is it just me or does Ms. Korea look more Chinese and Ms. China more Korean?

She-Hulk said...

Oh ya, I just read Ms. Japan also won in 1950s.

I totally thought Ms. China looked Korean when I was watching on TV. Ms. Korea looks more Chinese in the picture I posted, but on TV she looked more Korean.