Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tower of Babel


I finally finished reading my first JLA comic a few nights ago. I'm so glad I did a comic book trade with my friend. Of course, I traded him my first volume of She-Hulk for the JLA. Tower of Babel was an excellent read because of its sophisticated storyline involving betrayal, friendship, great descriptions and exploitation of the weaknesses of each superhero, and an interesting explanation of how a baddie could mess with the human language and cause worldwide chaos. The drawing is great and I would often just look at the drawings before continuing to read. I was inspired by a couple of passages from Wonder Woman. The language is not at all fancy or cheesy, just plain simple English that a leader would use to reach others. Too bad I already returned the book or else I would type it out. Now, back to the last week of school.

4 comments:

Pei said...

OMG where did you get that graphic? It totally rocks.

She-Hulk said...

I did a google image search. I knew this would pop up b/c I have the comicbook with this on the cover.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you really liked it! ^_^

I've been ducking a lot of my blogging and blog reading with finals, so I didn't see the review. I wish I had Kingdom Come up here with me. That's a little more sophisticated (and preachy at times), but when things go down, it has the Big Three at their best.

I really liked the She-Hulk trade. I have to say my favorite one was the Spidey issue. There's nothing quite like seeing J. Jonah Jameson get what's coming to him.

Anonymous said...

Want to know something funny? I had Kingdom Come all along. It just got hidden under my bed. x_x;;;