Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chugging Along

Not having access to the ARC has made going to the gym more of a hassle, but nothing will get in the way of my routine. I have to drive a little further to get to the nearest 24-hour fitness, but it's worth it since it's a 24Hr SPORT, meaning it comes with sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi. I found this was a good cure to my insomnia. After a hard workout and some time in the sauna and jacuzzi, I fell into bed pretty exhausted and more relaxed than the previous nights.

I'm getting freaked out now and then still, but I do know the material. I think a lot of it is to stop freaking out so that I can figure out the issues and write what I down what I know on paper. Sometimes in outlining I will just forget to write down basic application of facts like what kind of lease I'm dealing with in a landlord tenant question. I don't want to throw away easy points.











Wrist Strap Offer for Gym Rats

If anybody needs some new wrist straps for heavy weight lifting you might want to check out ProWrist Straps. They have an offer out right now where if you place any order and put in the code WRAPS when checking out you'll get 15% off the entire order plus a pair of free wrist straps ($12.95 - $17.95 value). These will be 12" wrist straps with 1.5" velcro and 1/4" thumb loops. They just upgraded their wrist straps to 2" velcro and 1/2" thumb loops so they want to get rid of their old models. You have to put in the comments box the type you want (design by name). The only bad part is that you do have to pay for shipping which I think is around $7.

I use them because once I started lifting heavier weights (20 lbs up) my wrists would be fatigued and I would be afraid to lift in case I injured them. These help stabilize the wrists so I don't have to worry.

Time for another workout to try to relax.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, you keep making me feel inadequate in both Bar study and working out. ;-p

Thanks for the PT tip. You probably already know this judging from the amount of essays you have been running through, but I started employing this and it keeps me on task more. It's from X-Wing Collector's CD (so it was a game strategy guide), and they said the best tactical strategies are simple. So I just ask (1) who are the parties, (2) what is the problem, (3) what is the applicable law, (4) what legal checklist do I have to run down and (5) how do the facts fit in. It's very cookie-cutter, but I feel like it forces me back into IRAC because 1-2 deal with the issue, 3-4 with the rule, and 5 brings you straight into the analysis and conclusion. If I don't do that, I get very scattered and panicky. This way, it reminds me of X-Wing, and dammit, I was a hero at that game.

And here I thought my arms were getting bigger. Good show, Shulkie. That's why I'm just a caped crusader, and you're a full-fledged superhero.

I need to get back on protein. I got off when I stopped running because of some achy knees and just never got back on. What is weird is that I get up and I'm not hungry for about 3 hours into the day, I hunt/gather and then I fake an appetite for the rest of the time I'm awake.

Claire said...

What do you do for forearm exercises? I started using straps and doing wrist curls for the same reason as you but I still get forearm fatigue. I wonder if I just need to do them three times a week for a while or something?