Sunday, July 22, 2007

Over the Wall


This is my wall of law. I put together colorful flyers of the rules I would forget more often than not no matter how many times I review them. I taped them next to my desk so I could just read them when I'm daydreaming or not being productive. I have 3 full signs on professional responsibility. That class didn't cement anything down regarding specific ethical rules so I had to relearn them even after the MPRE. More than anything, writing rules in crayon and color pens made me think how I would organize the rules so that I would remember them. It also made it easier to read than those tedious black and white Bar/Bri outlines. Here's hoping the wall helped me a bit come Tuesday.

Good luck everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting tactic. I got hooked on silly mnemonics for different rules, like "Infringing Patents For Blackberry Development" (inadequate legal remedy, personal/property right, feasibility, balancing burden versus benefit and defenses) for injunctions and "Should Probably Not Plead Guilty" for warrant validity (within scope, probable cause, neutral and detached magistrate, precise on its face and good faith) for warrant searches.

The wall is more concise than the abridged booklet of law I turned the CMR into. Good show. ^_^

Congratulations on being done. Sorry I've been off-line, but I bolted to Comicon after the bar was over and then just dealt with some stuff this week. Hope you're having fun!

Pei said...

No more wall of law! We want fun summertime posts!

Pei said...

nooooooooooooooo mooooooorrrrrreeee waaaaaaaaal plz!!!! (rolling over, dead)

Lingster said...

Are you coming back? I've enjoyed your posts.

Claire said...

MOAR posts plz!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.