Thursday, July 19, 2007

Coping with Cooking

Waiting is grating on my nerves and I just can't stand studying. I wake up now wishing I had already taken the exam. The restless energy needs something to do besides working out and dancing so I've been cooking more than usual. Baking is so easy since all one really needs are eggs, butter, flour, sometimes milk and vanilla extract and a few other handy ingredients.

Tuesday
1. Whole wheat penne with canned tomato sauce cooked with ground chicken, onion, marinated shrimp, portabello mushrooms, fresh basil (from my plant!), a bit of dried oregano, mushroom powder, and white wine (cubes frozen from old wine). I just put in whatever sounded good to me and it turned out wonderfully; even the roommate concurred.

2. Vanilla custard in 4 custard cups from Deborah Madison's cookbook.

Today

1. Nigella Lawson's corn bread


















2. Chocolate chip cookies from cookie dough I froze from a batch I made last week.



















It was so easy to make the two because the corn bread recipe was very simple and since the oven was already at 400 degrees for the cornbread, I just turned it 25 degrees lower to bake the cookies. Total baking time was about half an hour, and I made it to hip hop class on time.

Tomorrow's planned dinner
Crustless quiche with eggs, milk, ground chicken, portobello mushrooms, spinach, and parmesean cheese

I don't have anymore flour, or else I would bake a crust. I don't want to buy a pre-made one because I've had them before and they just don't do it for me.

No comments: